A Summer Shindig
After the success of A Summer Shindig, we’re doing it all over again! From Friday 7th – Monday 10th July 2023, we’ll be partying in the field once more.
The location is 15 miles south, just outside of Buxton.
Join us for our first Annual campout event – A Summer Shindig, for what is set to be a fantastic, relaxing-yet-exciting weekend full of games, socialising, cocktails, explorations, prizes, treats, music and more! With a central, Derbyshire location and a mere few miles from Buxton, it’s a great location for everyone across the country. With some exciting surprises yet to announce, this is going to be BRILLIANT!
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- Socialising – Get to know your fellow Adventurers and enjoy the social aspects of the Event!
- Live music
- Fun and Games, including Board Games – Live action, Ticket to Ride, or maybe even Snap. We’ve got plenty of choices!
- Scavenger Hunts – Follow the clues and find the hidden items in the quickest time to win.
- Wild Swimming – With a ton of local swim spots, this was a popular Solo Adventure activity back in 2021.
- Feasts – Eat well, together, around the Camp Fire! Think bubbling Raclette, sizzling chicken wings, and halloumi toasties!
- Outdoor Pursuits – Including Orienteering, Rambling, Foraging and more.*
- Cookoff – Take on your competitors and prepare the BEST outdoor Camping treats, in which the winner takes the crown (and a prize)!
- Cocktail Making – Mix the best cocktails and take some stunning photographs for the socials.
- Wild Cooking – Learn to make Bread on a campfire, as well as the most amazing S’mores – the authentic American way!
- Fitness and wellbeing tent.
A Summer Shindig will take place on a private Campsite in the Peak District. We’re privately hiring out the entire site, so we can thoroughly make the most of the weekend without the risk of noise complaints from other users of the site. Please note, this is taking place in a field on a working farm, so you’ll need to have sturdy footwear.
The location of the Campsite is 10 miles from Buxton. We also have a wonderful community in which plenty of our members will be happy to pick up people as they arrive, so there are a multitude of options for arrival and departure!
ACCOMMODATION & EQUIPMENT:
This is a camping event, so you’ll need to bring your own tent and equipment. Here’s a brief overview of the basics you’ll need:
- Bed / Mattress / Mat
- Sleeping Bag
- Waterproof clothing
- Suitable footwear
- Drinking cup
You can also bring your own live-in vehicle to enjoy the weekend too. There are Portaloos on site.
Bell Tent Village
We have a limited number of Boutique Camping available for the weekend, in the middle of the event in Bell Tent Village, on a First Come First Served basis. These are a nice alternative to carrying essential camping equipment to the event. Each pre-pitched Bell tent includes:
- Two single Beds
- Duvet & Pillow
- Decorations & themeing
- A freshly prepared, stone baked Pizza each
These are priced at £310 and based on two people sharing, breaking down to £50 per person per night + transaction fee. Purchase down below in the Ticket section. Please note: This does not include your weekend ticket.
Friday: Arrive from 15:00. Pitch your tent and get to know each other! Drinks will lead into the first of three fantastic evenings!
Saturday: Enjoy a day full of activities and outdoor pursuits, and relax into the evening with the Cocktail Making & Feast, followed by a party late into the night!
Sunday: A second day of activities, including Wild Swimming, a live Cookoff, Quiz, Feast, followed by – of course – another party!
Monday: Enjoy a social breakfast before packing up and leaving site by midday.
Tickets are now available. Each will admit 1 Adult for the entire weekend (from Friday – Monday). The majority of activities are included in the ticket price, with any extras clearly identified closer to the event. For these, there will be a small, nominal fee to participate (though these will be in a minority, with the majority of activities being included and free of charge).
*The Ticket price will cover all aspects of the creation and hosting of the Event, including the exclusive and private hire of the Campsite, lighting and sound equipment, marquees and other infrastructure and activities provided. Any remaining surplus at the end of the weekend will be put towards future events to ensure we can continue our Social gatherings throughout the year, some of which run at a loss.
It’s worth noting that this is not just the hire of a field – it’s a weekend of activities and fun with a great social circle. As some of the activities cost to host, this is reflected as such in the ticket price.